Blogs I like...

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Bye, Blogspot!

This might be my last blog using this site. I'll be honest. I love blogging, but don't like blogspot and never really have. I've made numerous attempts over my eight year history with it to search other blogs, search for readers, promote my own writing, all to no avail. The tools are confusing and while admittedly coming up short in the marketing skills, I think it's just a dead end. The highlight of this blog's history was the comment on the 'Trees Falling on a Writer' entry. To anonymous, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Simple things like that cause me to WANT to write on this in the first place.

I will continue blogging though (just so anonymous doesn't think I'm heading off to kill myself or something). It is the following URL:

irritablepoet.wordpress.com

My wife uses Wordpress. I was also told by sources at both a writing conference and in several guides that Wordpress is the way to go. Even at the first gander, it's easier to find others blogs and to navigate. Eventually, I'd like to start my own website for stories (I don't write for profit???), especially the more mature ones because I've no doubt they would stir controversy. That being said, I'm going to do a run-through of any blogs on here I like enough to transfer over and pass them off as a modern one.

So to all who have read or not over the years, thank you. If you're out there, do visit the new website or comment on this entry. I'll receive it. Blessings.

Andy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

By the by, I'm glad I touched your heart. Although the brightness of the new wordpress site is not exactly the light I had in mind, I'm sure you'll find it. Wordpress also forced me to add an email address. Did you do that on purpose?

Andy's Writery said...

I'm in agreement in regards to the brightness. I've tweaked it some and also should've fixed the email issue. It has a lot of options and I finally got a chance to scroll in the settings. As far as design, when I have time I'll learn the ins and outs of customizing. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks for keeping in touch.